Pages

Sunday 4 March 2018

Sunday Stamps II A-Z 'C' ; Castles

I have posted about castles earlier in an April A-Z Challenge and in Sunday Stamps. However I still have many left.

In March 1960 Czechoslovakia issued these two -


Beděz Castle (dates from 1200s)
Kost Castle
Kost Castle from the East 
Bohemia and Moravia were in the Czechoslovakia Protectorate early in WWII and Pernstejn Castle in Southern Moravia appeared on a stamp.

Bohemia & Moravia - 29 June 1940

The 700th Anniversary of Koldinghus Castle was commemorated by Denmark on 13 June 1968 with this stamp - 


Koldinghus Castle

The castle is the last Danish royal castle in Kolding on the Peninsula of Jutland and was fully restored in 1991.

For more 'C' related stamps check out the links at Sunday-Stamps-II-C.

6 comments:

Joy said...

I've not seen a Bohemia and Moravia stamp before, how interesting. The Czech castle series is one I like.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - I remember your Castles A to Z, as mine that year was about castles, but the European castles have similar outlooks - it's amazing that such incredible structures were able to be built back in those early days. Cheers Hilary

Jo said...

Yes, I remember your castles A to Z too, it was the first time I had ever heard of the A to Z. Found both you and Hilary.

Who could afford to build a castle, or a stately home, these days? It is lovely so many remain and great that some of them are being restored.

VioletSky said...

I always enjoy seeing castles. living in a country that doesn't have any...

Mail Adventures said...

Being born close to a medieval castle, I'm never tired to see those!

Pat Tillett said...

It amazed me to think that these castles were already built for many years before a white person ever placed a foot on North America soil.