Pages

Sunday 4 February 2018

Sunday Stamps !! A-Z 'Z' - Czechoslovakia. South Africa

As we come to the end of this round of A-Z I thought I would have at least 2 'Zs' for the price of one - 

Czechoslovakia - 18 July 1953
Antonín Zápotocký was born at Zákolany in 1884. A communist, he became Prime Minister in 1948, and President in 1953 until his death later that year.

I searched for a stamp connected with Zulus but had to settle for this South African stamp from 1954

Zebra - 14 October 1954
To see what other 'Z' related stamps are on show this week please visit Sunday-stamps-II-164.

9 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

The second stamp is a rare beauty.

FinnBadger said...

Really interesting stamps for Z today. Love that zebra.

Joy said...

Zebra's are one of my favourites so that is the perfect stamp.

21 Wits said...

Yes, the Zebra is striking! Excellent and interesting stamps Bob.

Heleen said...

Beautiful zebra stamp! And in (present/Dutch) Dutch we name the country Zuid-Afrika:-)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - the Zebra in Zuid Afrika ... memories - cheers Hilary

Ana said...

Have to agree - beautiful zebra stamp! <3

VioletSky said...

I thought for sure I would have a zebra, but alas, nothing. So I'm glad you found one.
I am impressed with the Czech president, though!

Pat Tillett said...

You are always able to find a stamp that fits. I also like the second one.