Pages

Sunday 28 January 2018

Sunday Stamps II A-Z 'Y' - Yugoslavia, USA

A-Z has got harder the nearer we have got to 'Z', it seems that I was in my youth when we started - now I need some support for 'Y'

USA - 1 May 1968
A country that has seen turbulent times is - 

Yugoslavia - 1 April 1959
This stamp depicting the Jablanica Dam is from a series of stamps of dams along with an architectural theme which also included in 1961 - 

Ckonje, Macedonia
The Republic of Macedonia declared its independence from Yugoslavia in 1991. The river may be the Vivar but I have still to verify that.

To see what other 'Y' stamps have been located this week just follow the links at Sunday-stamps-II-163.

6 comments:

Ana said...

oh, Skopje, my hometown :D The river's name is Vardar :)))

Mail Adventures said...

Yugoslavia is a winner today!

Heleen said...

Nice stamps, the youth stamp as well as the Yugoslavian ones. I didn't know that in Yugoslavia the cyrillic alphabet was used.

Joy said...

I've just received a card with a dam stamp on it from Germany so nice to see gushing water also from Yugoslavia.

FinnBadger said...

Very interesting to see the Cyrillic letters on the Yugoslavian stamps. I wonder if they still use that now?

Pat Tillett said...

Not just stamps, but world history!
Nice ones Bob...