Pages

Sunday 23 July 2017

A place/building to be visited - Sunday Stamps II

Two of my older stamps caught my attention for this theme.

In 1946 the Smithsonian Institution celebrated its centenary,

USA - 10 August 1946
During WWII my elder brother served on the aircraft carriers protecting the convoys of ships delivering goods to what was to become the George Cross island. I have some of his photos including one among some ruins there. Hence my choice of this stamp from - 

Malta - 1970
To see places or buildings that others would like to see please visit Sunday-stamps-II-136.

7 comments:

violet s said...

When I was in Washington, I wasn't really interested in any of the museums. I regret that now.

FinnBadger said...

Great stamps.

The Malta one seems like a very modern design to me, perhaps it is the bold font and the image extending to the edges.

21 Wits said...

Wonderful stamps Bob, and you know I really like your first stamp, a lot! Enjoy your weekend!

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Smithsonian Institute,I still need to tick that off my bucket list. :)

http://www.postagejournal.com/sundaystamps102buckingham-palace/

Joy said...

I bet one could spend days in the smithsonite.

Mail Adventures said...

Fascinating stamps. And I agree the second one looks more modern than it is.

Pat Tillett said...

I have never been to Malta, but I've been to the Smithsonian many times. Such an amazing place!