Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Electricity - Thematic Photography

Carmi's plug struck a chord or two with me.


Pull chords
One for the lights and one for the extractor fan in our shower room.

Meanwhile in our bathroom the bathroom cabinet lit up with this image.

Reflection of the ceiling lights and the trapdoor to the loft.
However the photo of the day for me was this cheerful chap.

Robin on a juniper bush
It was only as I saved the shot that I realised that I had also caught an electric street light and a blurred solar panel on a roof, just right for this electricity theme.

A number of people in our street have invested in solar panels to generate electricity for themselves - and here's a good example.

Solar panels
Of course these days other generation schemes are available such as these:

Two of five wind turbines in the locality
If you study that photo you can see a line of electricity pylons which are much larger when you get up close.

Pylon and power transmission lines
Some houses in our village are still hooked up to more primitive power lines.

Pole and power line connections
No underground cables for them!

There is a nuclear power station at Hartlepool just a few miles from us but unfortunately I have no shots of that.

To get there by road I can always check road condition by referring to the screen at our local petrol station.

Traffic information
For more bright sparks you need to switch over to the live links at Thematic-Photographic-356.

5 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

That's a pretty robin, Bob.

I wonder how much electricity they get with that solar cell array, it looks impressive.
~

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - great range of electricity choices ... those tangle of old wires are extraordinary aren't they - to think that was the way it was for so long .. and then the last shot - too much information perhaps ...

Love the robin - he's my favourite too ... cheers Hilary

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I liked the robin ;O)

Alexia said...

Super collection - the robin is a beauty.

Gilly said...

That's a terrific array of electrical shots, Bob! I never thin k solar panels would work very efficiently up in our dour weather!! And I love the robin!