Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Favourite Photos of the Year - Thematic Photography

In picking my favourite photos of 2013 I have tried to avoid shots that have appeared on Thematic Photography before. But in working through the year I just had to start with one you have seen already.


White Frost - January 2013
We get a variety of birds in our garden throughout the year. In April this cock bird was taking a stroll over a flowerbed.

Cock Pheasant - April 2013
One of the most colourful birds we see is the bullfinch not that you can view it in all its glory in the next shot I've chosen.

Bullfinch in Conifer - May 2013
Next I have chosen a shot of a single flower - the only one of this type we have,

Alium - June 2013
At the end of August we set out to visit our daughter in Michigan. I have shown many pictures of her dogs over the year but my next picture reminds me that three weeks before we travelled, she lost Cody the oldest of her four dogs.

Cody before he crossed the Rainbow Bridge
While in Michigan in September we visited Detroit Zoo. A series of my favourite photos of the animals appeared in Treasured-thematic-photography.

Away from the zoo I came across this chap, one of the biggest I've seen - the metal frame he is hanging on to is 3-4 inches deep.


Grasshopper - September 2013
Back home when we visited York I could not resist taking the next shot.

'Dog' doing what comes naturally - York, November 2013
When it came to Christmas Day a jewel took pride of place.

Ready to Ring in the New
All that remains is for me to wish Carmi and all Thematic Photographic contributors a Prosperous and Happy New Year.

For more favourites don't forget to visit Carmi at Thematic-photographic-275,







10 comments:

Gilly said...

You have got a superb collection of photographs there! I love them all, but I think my favourite is the frosted tree, or maybe the green pooch, or maybe that grasshopper! And Cody. Dogs go before we do, and its always so sad.

21 Wits said...

Great picks Bob, I remember most of them. Of course love your pups always, but the plant doggie going potty is like one of my most favorites of your posts this year too!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - wonderful selection of photos - the cock is incredible in his colouring .. great shot, while the bullfinch looks pretty handsome tucked away in the conifer .. but the dog doing what he does best .. love that!

Love the frosty tree and then your Ring in the New Year - looks good to me!

Happy New Year .. cheers Hilary

Alexia said...

I'm very glad you didn't leave any of these out, Bob. That frosty tree is superb, and I love the pheasant ambling across your garden, and dear Cody, and the green dog...

Happy New Year to you!

Jo said...

Great pix, think the frosty tree is my favourite. So sorry about Cody. Always a bad time.

Happy New Year.

Max Sartin said...

Great choice of shots. The frost covered tree is beautiful, and the dog-bush made me laugh. Nice.

Unknown said...

I still love that frosty icy tree! the other day driving across the Misissippi I noticed the trees in white icy condition in the fog, but of course driving took my hands and concentration, so no photo. Happy New Year.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

That pheasant provides quite an explosion of color!

Very nice collection, Bob.
~

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

A sentimental fav for me...

...Cody

Kelsea said...

Beautiful photos! Love that tree in the first one!