Pages

Sunday 5 May 2013

China - Sunday Stamps

I only have a few stamps from China and none for Taiwan. To show you how old my album is Taiwan appears as Formosa.

I would appreciate some help in identifying the images on these stamps; so far I have been unable to identify them.

China -- 1950-1960
The stamp on the left has a denomination of 10,000 Yuang; the fourth one is 1 Fen. As 100 Fen = 1 Yuang. This makes the left hand stamp cost a million times more than the 1 Fen.

I suspect that others this week will show more modern stamps. Check them out by following the links at Sunday-stamps-121

9 comments:

VioletSky said...

I am glad you posted these old stamps. I was looking through my binder of pre-1970 stamps I bought a few months ago and I have none for either country (under any former name) which disappointed me.
but, sorry, can't help with identification.

Lisa B said...

I would be stuck on the identification too. A nice selection.

Joy said...

They are all definitive stamps, the peoples palace sticks in my mind for the first three, could be wrong.

Maria said...

My boss, who is also a medical physicist has a hobby of collecting stamps of countries that no longer exists or those that has been renamed, like Formosa to Taiwan.

Seeing your set makes me curious of the ones he got.

Jo said...

I'm surprised you have any stamps from China at all. Hope you get help identifying them.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

viridian said...

It's interesting to see these older stamps. Not much mail out of China to the West in those years.
Thank you for participating!

21 Wits said...

Wow what a collection, I wish I could help, but then you are my main stamp man, (well you and a few others that blog here!) If a stamp book couldn't help me I'd be forced to check out google images. Good luck, and if you discover any answers repost this! It'd be fun to see what you come up with.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I'm no help with identifying them either, but it's interesting to see older ones.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Chinese temples,even on stamps always makes me feel in awe!

Postage Journal: My Sunday Stamps: Master Of Nets Garden