Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Leaves - Thematic Photography

This is a topic where I am spoilt for choice as I studied a local wood throughout 2007. However it wasn't the leaves I was interested in when I took this shot in Michigan,
A Chipmunk amongst the leaves. 
Currently I am taking part in the 2013 A-Z Challenge and there will be shots of leaves under letters yet to come - 'Q' and 'S'. You can look out for them on 19 and 22 April.

Then I have three shots that tie in nicely with an Emily Bronte poem:

Fallen Horse Chestnut Leaves (and some litter)
Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night’s decay
Ushers in a drearier day.
 
Small Crab Apples among the fallen Leaves
 Finally before I take my leave:
 
Birch Leaves
But before you leave as well please take a look what others have swept up at Carmi's Thematic-photographic-239.

7 comments:

Laura S. said...

Hello, Bob! These are really nice photos. It makes me want to go out for walk and commune with nature!

Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

Little Nell said...

Luvverly Leaves Bob, and I like that you tied it in with poet tree :)

21 Wits said...

You sure came up with a great collection for Carmi's leaves this week! It's not that easy for new photos where I live! What were you after in that first photo?

21 Wits said...

I looked again and just can't spot the chipmunk, but not sure if that was it or not!

Jo said...

Only trouble is, its not really spring yet, I don't want to see autumn leaves. Nice pix though.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

Unknown said...

It took me forever to find that chipmunk! Nice photos.

Have fun with a-z.

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Bob, good photos, love the chipmunk! So sorry you are not feeling well. Shingles is an awful and painful condition. Hope it doesn't last too long.