Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Postal Commemoratives and Wallace and Gromit - Sunday Stamps

Viridian's theme this week is the post, post boxes, postal vans, stamps on stamps, or similar images.

I thought I had exhausted all the relevant stamps I had on earlier posts here and here but when I got my magnifying glass out I found three others to share.

Great Britain - 1960
First Anniversary of the European Postal and Telecommunications Conference

From the USA commemoration of an airmail service.

USA - Transpacific Airmail 1935
50th Anniversary issued 13 February 1985

And so to Wallace and Gromit - well Gromit anyway.

Great Britain - Christmas 2010 
 This was the only way I could show a post box for this week's theme.

I thought you might also like to see this video about the Wallace and Gromit stamps.



  Before you check out others' posts at Sunday-stamps-88

13 comments:

Sreisaat said...

Great stamps but my favourite is the iconic Wallace and Gromit stamp! They're my favourite duo. I didn't know they're featured on English stamps. Lovelove that Gromit posts his letters - and my, what a tall stack of letters! :)

Postcards Crossing

Lisa B said...

Nice collection, I hadn't thought of airmail stamps for this theme.

viridian said...

Gromit must be posting his Christmas cards.
I am a member of Postcrossing (Postcrossing.com) and I know others are too - these brings in a steady stream of postcards and interesting stamps. Maybe you could join and try it?
thank you for searching your collection again! I'll retire this theme now for a year or so!

Marcie said...

Love love love the Wallace and Gromit stamp! Thank you also for the video, that was really interesting, especially to see how they put the figurines together and add all the detail!

Postcardy said...

I enjoyed the video. They mentioned magnifying glasses there too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally talking about > "Postal Commemoratives and Wallace and Gromit - Sunday Stamps" < Liked it!
my website :: cloud server

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Second entry that feature Wallace and Gromit,but I don't think i will get tired of seeing them. :)
My Sunday Stamp:Everything Postal

Helen said...

Hi Bob! I too love the Wallace and Gromit stamp- I didn't know that they had featured on a stamp issue. And that 'behind the scenes' film was brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

aw said...

Don't suppose Postman Pat ever featured on stamps, Bob, but wasn't there a Christmas stamp set that included a postbox? I think I missed these Wallace and Gromit ones.
Ann

Bob Scotney said...

@aw Ann if you follow the first 'here' link I've given you will find the Christmas postbox.

I was looking for Postman Pat as well but I don't tink there has been one.

Joy said...

I like the transpacific airmail stamp, what a transformation of post that was. The Wallace and Gromit were my favourite of the Christmas stamps, probably why I used it too.

aw said...

Sorry, I missed that link, Bob. Your posts are always so full of detail it is not difficult to do!

Anonymous said...

ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again